In the ancient scriptures of Ayurveda, there is quite a bit of knowledge of the ancestors about Infertility, its causes, its treatments and much more. Ayurveda is a way of life so it has its way of explaining phenomenons and occurrences which always helps us give a different perspective about our diseases and disorders.
Learning about this perspectives, along with the western medicine always helps us in understanding the underlying cause which in turn helps us maintain our balance in the system. Here are some of the Ayurvedic terms and learnings from the Ayurvedic scriptures.
Definition of vandhya (infertile women) – “A woman who has lost her power of healthy menstruation or ovulation resulting onto the loss of fertility.”
Types of vandhya (Infertility):
1. Balya – delayed puberty
2. Kakavandhya – one child sterility
3. Anapatya – primary sterility where the lady never conceives.
4. Garbhasravi – a case of repeated abortions.
5. Mrutavatsa – a case with stillbirths.
6. Balakshaya – the power of fertility is lost due to dhatukshaya.
As a beautiful verse in a scripture says,
As crops do not grow if the seed is disordered, conception does not occur due to disorders of mother and father.
Disorders of maithuna (intercourse):
a. Maithunasahatva (dyspareunia)
b. Maithuna anichha (psychological disorder causing frigidity)
c. Asamyak maithuna (improper intercourse)
1. Low sperm county/no sperms
2. Erectile disfuction
3. Hormonal imbalance (low level of testesterone)
4. Night fall
5. Less quantity of semen (volume)initially or happened gradually.
6. Low motility
7. Diabeies induced problems, small prostate glands ect.
1. Female body disorders
2. Uterus disorders
3. Obesity induded infertility
4. Fibroids, Pcod
5. White discharge, exycessive menses, Irregular menses, only spothing
6. Tuberculosis, Thyroid
8. Early menopause
9. Most common female endocrinve disorder
10. Unexplained weight loss ect.
• Advanced panchakarma treatment for 15day
• Uttar basti, medicines
• Diet observation
• Nasya upchar, punsavan vidhi
• Dhatu chikitsa, rasayan chikitsa
Panchakarma and Ayurvedic Treatment for infertility and PCOS in Pune:
Here at SMV Ayurveda Research Center which is based in Pune our aim is to provide best treatment of Panchakarma and a treatment to resolve polycystic ovaries conditions with help of specialized Ayurvedic Infertility treatments of Ayurveda. Here Basic research for the treatment of polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS) is carried out since last 12 years by Vaidya Vinesh Nagare who is Gynaecologist.