Ayurveda or the Life Science has an array of treatments that are completely natural and harm free. The essence of Ayurveda is healing in a natural way. One of the most effective and comprehensive treatment in Ayurveda is Panchakarma. It is used in treating and curing various diseases. Till today, lot of people are unaware about the it and what it can do to human body and mind.
What is Panchakarma
It is an integral part of Ayurveda. True to its meaning Panchakarma means five actions. This is a five-step detoxification process that rejuvenates and restores the body from within. It is helpful in removing the root causes of several diseases. These five natural processes of Panchakarma detoxify the body and harmonize the Vata-Pitta-Kapha doshas.
Five Purifying Steps of Panchakarma
It has five steps which are administered according to the individual and his particular treatment need.
- Vamana: It is Emesis Therapy or Vomiting performed under supervision. It removes Kapha and mucus.
- Virechana: Virechana means Purgation done with the help of therapeutic laxative which cleanses the intestine.
- Vasti: It is an enema of medicated oils, which is effective in diseases such as obesity, joint disorders, constipation, reproductive and infertility problems etc.
- Nasya: Nasya is a technique of nasal administration. Medicated oil is put through nostrils. It helps to cure sinusitis, migraine, cold and cough conditions.
- Rakta Mokshana: It means Blood Letting which is done through vein puncturing or leech application. It removes toxic blood from the body and improves blood circulation.
Highly effective Panchakarma Treatment
It is a natural and holistic method with ample benefits.
It has no harmful side effects if performed under expert supervision. It cleanses the body from inside out. This ancient practice has proved effective in many diseases such as –
- Skin diseases
- Cold, Cough, Fever
- Migraine, Sinusitis
- Constipation and digestive disorders
- Kidney stone
- Respiratory Infections
- Liver Problems
Benefits of Panchakarma
Our body has an amazing ability to heal itself. But we damage this ability by poor diet, irregular sleep habits, excessively hectic lifestyle and mental stress. Panchakarma restores the bodily harmony and lets the body heal by itself. The harmful ad sticky waste in your body called ‘ama’ is eliminated through it. It does the following good for the body:
- Detoxifies entire body
- Enhances immunity thus preventing diseases and illnesses
- Balances Vata-Pitta-Kapha doshas and keeps the body in harmony
- Restores and clears digestive system and improves its functioning
- Slows degeneration and aging of the body and mind
- Relieves stress and induces wellness and relaxation
- Gives glow to the skin and cures chronic skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis
- Helps in weight loss
- Makes us feel light, clean and energetic
Panchakarma and Female Infertility Problems
Healthy seed develops into fuller, healthier, sweeter fruit. In the same way, Panchakarma is extremely helpful in solving infertility issues of men and women, in following ways:
- It regulates menstrual cycle in women
- It eliminates ‘ama ‘ dosha and repairs the ‘agni’ in the body which is the main principle of fertility and health
- It removes ‘Vata’ dosha and enhances health of female and male reproductive organs
- Its deep internal cleansing enhances the probability of healthy egg and sperm production
- The Panchakarma treatment requires healthy diet and lifestyle correction so naturally the health of body and mind improves leading to early conception
- Pre-conception Panchakarma leads to creation of high-quality egg and sperm, better mental health leading to good physical intercourse and resulting healthy pregnancy
- Treatments like Pichu Dharan, Dhawan and Uttar Basti improve the internal environment of the womb and fertility organs
At SMV Ayurveda, we perform Panchakarma Treatment under the knowledgeable and through guidance and supervision of Dr. Vinesh Nagare.
Know more about Panchakarma & Infertility
Watch Dr Vinesh Nagare’s exclusive interview. To get updates about all the new videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on YouTube button below.