Has conception become difficult?
For successful conception it is essential to know about menstrual cycle and ovulation. It is the fast-paced world today. Both husband and wife are working with odd time schedules, irregular working hours, stressful deadlines and overall hectic lifestyle. In such erratic conditions the married couples planning pregnancy are finding it hard to conceive.
Important facts about Menstrual Cycle
Menstrual cycle starts at the average age of 13 or 14 years. On average it comes after every 28 to 32 days and lasts for 3 to 7 days.
Hypothalamus in brain controls the hormonal secretion during menstruation and ovulation process. Pituitary gland secrets these hormones called- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
What is Ovulation?
Ovulation is the process when egg is released from one of the ovaries. Once it is released, the egg enters the fallopian tube and stays there for around 24 hours. A woman is most fertile during one or two days of ovulation.
Phases of Ovulation
Ovulation process consists of 3 phases.
- Pre-ovulatory/ Follicular Phase
- Ovulatory Phase which is the period of fertility
- Post-ovulatory or Luteal Phase
What are the symptoms of Ovulation?
- Breasts feel tender and sour
- Sexual desire increases
- The nature of vaginal discharge changes to sticky and slippery
- You feel pain in lower abdomen
- Body temperature may rise a bit
How to calculate the days of ovulation?
If you have a regular menstrual cycle that comes after 28 days, the ovulation happens around 14 days before it. Ovulation period may differ from woman to woman.
What is the right time to conceive?
During ovulation female egg is released from the ovary and it is alive for 12-24 hours in the Fallopian tube. It must be fertilized by a sperm during this period. So, if you have sexual intercourse within a couple of days of ovulation, there are high chances of conception. Male sperm lives up to 7 days inside a woman’s body. So, having an intercourse just before ovulation can also result in pregnancy.
Increase your chances of pregnancy
Maximize your chances of conception with a combination of factors as following
- Accuracy in calculation of menstrual cycle and ovulation
- Frequent sexual intercourse during the month when you want to get pregnant- after every 2/3 days
- Sexual intercourse during calculated ovulation days
- Avoid addictions such as alcohol, smoking etc.
- Manage your weight- underweight or overweight women suffer from irregularity in ovulation
- Keep good eating and sleeping habits. Take balanced and nourishing diet
- Exercise regularly to keep body and mind healthy
So be informed before you plan your pregnancy. Consult expert doctor to do your Ovulation Study and ensure your parenthood.
Infertility Treatments with Ayurveda
Ayurveda, the Science of Life has various natural remedies for infertility. These treatments remove the basic cause of the problem and give excellent results, if followed regularly and as per the Ayurvedic norms. We have been treating infertility patients at our clinic and research centre SMV Ayurveda. Our patients have success stories to tell. If you are facing any problem, come and share it with us.